• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

C2C Resources

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chiroace

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

On September 21, 2009, I get a phone call from a very rude Glenn Fourmaux.
He states that he is a civil investigator and is attempting to find out my net worth for a pending law suit.
Since I was not aware of any lawsuits... I became very suspicious.
In fact, if you go on line, many people complain about him... and indicate that he is associated with a variety of scams.

He mentions a Lori Clark at C2C Resources who can answer my questions.
On September 23, 2009, I call Lori and she mentions that there is a picture on my website that Phototake
owns the rights to and that I needed to pay for this ... plus penalties.

On the same day, I receive an email from Carlton Wilkerson of Phototake.
He writes that usage of the image “is prohibited without consent and unauthorized usage constitutes a copyright infringement.
We are requesting payment for past usage on your website.

SOME HISTORY:
Several years ago I hired a guy to put together a very simple website for my chiropractic practice.
And then more recently, I hired a company to greatly improve the site. They used some of the original images from the old site.
I do not know how these images were originally chosen or how they were obtained.
The image in question was extremely unimportant to the site.
It was an illustration of an inflamed plantar fascia ligament on the sole of the left foot.

HELP ME.
I am being harassed by C2C Resources. They are threatening me on a regular basis and are now saying I owe $2000.

I just received another letter dated December 21, 2009.
Lorri Clark states that since I have failed to satisfy the outstanding balance owed to Phototake, Inc.,
they are in the process of evaluating my current assets and liabilities so that they can advise their client of their collection options.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

divgradcurl

If you did use a photo that they own the rights to on your website without permission, they may have a legitimate beef -- it really makes no difference that you didn't know, or someone else built the site for you.

That said, before you do anything else, you might want to ask them to provide proof to you that they do in fact own the rights (or are authorized by the rights owner to enforce the rights) to the pictures in questions. If they can prove that they do own the rights, or are an agent for the rights holder, then you can post back here and the next steps can be discussed, which would typically be a negotiated settlement for a release of all liability, along with perhaps a license to continue using the photos (if you want to) or a removal of the photos.

richard01

I have the same issue.

Chiroace, can you contact me? I have the same situation and am also in the chiro business. I'd like to email and see what you have done and have found out so far. It has been about 6-8 months since the initial contact for me.

opehund at gmail __ dot com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">