• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can copyright be granted on drawing that was created using a tutorial?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

printwows

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? VIRGINIA:

1.) Can I claim copyright for a clipart I create using an online "tutorial" (whether it looks exactly the same or I changed it a little) and resale on CDs, etc. for others to use if the tutorial I used terms say;

"Upon completing one of my tutorials, the image you created is all yours to do with what you like. I just taught you a trick or two along the way"

or

"I have recently been to a few Tutorial Sites, where they are claiming Copyright to what You create from Their Tutorials.
Anything You create using one of My Tutorials belongs to YOU!! The Tutorial itself belongs to me and is not to be
reprinted anywhere without my Written Permission"

2.) Also, those that do "claim copyright" for the clipart I complete from their tutorial "can they do that"?

Thanks
(also posted on internet law forum as I'm not sure which was best place to post sorry for duplication)

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">