• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I register a TM?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

NathanV

What is the name of your state? CA

Basically, I just want to make sure if I go ahead and use a certain brand name for a line of silk scarves, that I will not be guilty of trademark infringement as a couple of other companies currently use the same name for other products.

The two companies who use the name have it registered for organic cotton and wool fabrics and clothing (many different types of clothing are listed). Between the two companies, there is no mention of 'silk' or 'scarves'. Can I assume then, that there won't be a problem in using the name?

Furthermore, both say the following:

NO CLAIM IS MADE TO THE EXCLUSIVE RIGHT TO USE (TM NAME) APART FROM THE MARK AS SHOWN. So does this mean that these companies are basically saying its okay for anyone to use the TM name, even for the same kind of products as long as it is a different style mark??? Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">