• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Can I take the photos of the buildings and golf courses?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Haliepark

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Saipan

I took some photos of a church building(just from the outside of the church) in Saipan without asking for the permission of the owner of that Church. Is it okay for me to put these photos online?

And I also took some photos of a golf course. It's a private golf course and I took the photos of some trees, the lake and the exterior of a house in that golf course, but only when I uploaded them online did I know that the golf course requires permission. I’m negotiating with them, but it seems the consent will not be granted anyway. Should I take down the photos? Will any legal consequence happen to me?

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Saipan

I took some photos of a church building(just from the outside of the church) in Saipan without asking for the permission of the owner of that Church. Is it okay for me to put these photos online?

And I also took some photos of a golf course. It's a private golf course and I took the photos of some trees, the lake and the exterior of a house in that golf course, but only when I uploaded them online did I know that the golf course requires permission. I’m negotiating with them, but it seems the consent will not be granted anyway. Should I take down the photos? Will any legal consequence happen to me?
The answer to all of your questions is "maybe." You might be able to publish the photos online, you might need to take them down and you might have legal consequences if you publish the photos and do not take them down upon request.

Some places can be photographed without legal risk and others cannot.

Whether any legal action would be considered is a question mark. Although I think it unlikely, the fact that you are already "in negotiations" with the golf course tells me the golf course might be objecting to the photos. You might want to show the specific photographs you took to an IP attorney in your area and review with him the details.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">