• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Cease and Desist letter....HELP???

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

helpme987

What is the name of your state? Colorado

I posted some True Relgion jeans on ioffer.com. I bought 8 pairs of these jeans from another user on ioffer. I wanted to resell them to make some money. I had no time to do this, so I listed the entire lot of 8 of them for sale at once. They were listed for about 2 days when my listing was pulled for copyright infringment. Well today the UPS man comes with a letter from True Relgion. The letter states it is basically a demand to cease and desist. It also states that by Oct. 17, they want some information from me, such as, how much I make selling them, how long I have been selling them, the amount of my revenue, etc, etc, etc. Basically the answer to all the questions is 0. This was the first time I tried to sell anything and I made 0. I never made any money selling these items (as I still have them). It states it wants this information in order to determine the amount I will need to compensate True Religion for my infringement. It states if I do not send them all the requested information then they will sell all remedies available to them.

What should I do? I never even knew I was doing anything wrong. I never made a dime off of these. Please offer some advice as I am panicking!!!!! Thanks!!!

spmlawyer

Just a Guess

True Religion Jeans may think they're knock offs. You have an absolute right to resell goods that you've legitimately purchased unless they're pirated or counterfeit. If they're legitimate, write them back and tell them that you legally purchased them and you are legally reselling them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">