• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

celebrity image usage on map

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

r-i-c-h-a-r-d

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I want to make a star homes map to sell to tourists. I want to make the title of the map in big bold letters and fill the interior of the letters with celebrity photos that I have taken in public. Is this legal without getting any clearances from the celebrities?

divgradcurl

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

I want to make a star homes map to sell to tourists. I want to make the title of the map in big bold letters and fill the interior of the letters with celebrity photos that I have taken in public. Is this legal without getting any clearances from the celebrities?
So long as all of the pictures are ones the you own the rights to, and all of the pictures were taken in a public place, and you are not using the pictures to actually advertise the map, then yes, you could do this.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">