• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is Cheesecakefactorymenu.com an infringement of The Cheesecake Factory

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Git

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY
Hi I own a domain named cheesecakefactorymenu.com, Is this an infringement of The Cheesecake Factory Trademark? If yes is there any way that I can Use this domain like by putting a note that we are not affiliated with them?
Thanks

FlyingRon

It's most likely an infringement (just what do you intend to do with this site?) and they can make things difficult for you if they choose to. The anti-cybersquatting procedure means they can probably wrestle that domain from you with no compensation due to you.

HomeGuru

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NY
Hi I own a domain named cheesecakefactorymenu.com, Is this an infringement of The Cheesecake Factory Trademark? If yes is there any way that I can Use this domain like by putting a note that we are not affiliated with them?
Thanks
**A: yes and an infringement on their tradename. Come up with another name.

fuma1986

It's most likely an infringement (just what do you intend to do with this site?) and they can make things difficult for you if they choose to. The anti-cybersquatting procedure means they can probably wrestle that domain from you with no compensation due to you.

What exactly is the anti-cybersquatting procedure? Im kinda curious about this. For example there is a website called paypalsucks.com and apparently you can put sucks after any name according to this website so why cant someone put menu after a name?

Antigone*

What exactly is the anti-cybersquatting procedure? Im kinda curious about this. For example there is a website called paypalsucks.com and apparently you can put sucks after any name according to this website so why cant someone put menu after a name?
What's up with the hijacking of this thread, eh...:rolleyes:

Proserpina

If you can't differentiate between the concept of "sucks" and "menu"...dude, we can't help you.

Google "cybersquatting".

I know just a little bit of Spanish (my neighbor Soila is teaching me) and she says that fuma means to smoke. Maybe this poster has smoked so much his brain cells are not functioning exactly as they should. We should sincerely pitty the fool:eek:

Yeah, just like it being feasible that Cheesecake Factory would have a website for their menu, it's really feasible for Paypal to have a website dedicated to its suckage....totally, Dude.

Cheesecakefactorymenu is intended to confuse consumers into thinking it's a website run by Cheesecake Factory. Paypalsucks wouldn't be confused with a site run by Paypal.

Also the OP has an idea that this is wrong already. Why else pay for private registration if not to try thwarting Cheesecake Factory's owners?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">