• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Commercial gain from non-commercial emails

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

thatguy72001

What is the name of your state? Louisiana

Is it legal, or does it violate intellectual property rights, to gain commercially by publishing others' non-commercial works, i.e. personal emails sent to me?

NOTE--This is NOT a privacy/libel/false light question (identities would be disguised), nor certainly one of commercial viability. Mine is only one of INFRINGEMENT and OWNERSHIP of the original "work" of others.

HomeGuru

thatguy72001 said:
What is the name of your state? Louisiana

Is it legal, or does it violate intellectual property rights, to gain commercially by publishing others' non-commercial works, i.e. personal emails sent to me?

NOTE--This is NOT a privacy/libel/false light question (identities would be disguised), nor certainly one of commercial viability. Mine is only one of INFRINGEMENT and OWNERSHIP of the original "work" of others.
**A: duplicate post.

T

thatguy72001

You've told me nothing "HomeGuru", either now or previously today. I was hoping I'd get some answers from someone with some sense by taking another run at it with a new post. "Smooches."

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">