• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Conflict of Interest ?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RicardoRMR

Hi, I am defending Pro Se a trademark / Lanham act case in the Federal court and have discovered that the Plaintiff is currently funded by a federal grant / loan of 1.2 million USD, does this constitute a conflict of interest and if so can the case be moved to a higher court?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois.

Mass_Shyster

Hi, I am defending Pro Se a trademark / Lanham act case in the Federal court and have discovered that the Plaintiff is currently funded by a federal grant / loan of 1.2 million USD, does this constitute a conflict of interest and if so can the case be moved to a higher court?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Illinois.
I don't see how this could be construed as a conflict of interest. If it were, that same conflict would exist between a prosecutor who is being paid by the state and the courthouse s/he is litigating in.

As to the second part, why would a higher Federal court not conflict when a lower one does?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">