• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this considered copyright infringemen?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jamiestarlynn

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio.

I did a website layout for an organization that my organization was affiliated with. I did an initial layout for them in 2008 and had no issues. They requested changes to the website layout which involved me having to redo the site (old HTML style). They got the bill and voted to only pay half of it. After 2 months without any payment I took the new site down. They requested the 2008 site be put back up until they paid. 3 months after the original invoice due date a check for half the invoice amount was paid. I tried to put the new site back up but they locked me out and said they were taking over the site from there. I recently checked back with the site and they used my design, words/content, and replaced Designed By: Myself with Designed By Their Committee. There wasnt a contract because I was stupid and still in college...so I never went after the rest of the money they owe me because of that. But, since there was not contract stating they got rights to use the images, can I still have them take their site down and be re-made? Clearly they ONLY changed the header, but based off my original idea. Is this grounds for copyright infringement? Can I take legal action? If so, what do I do?

Screen shots here: Milan Melon Festival Copyright Infringement? | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">