• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Content copyright lawsuit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

Frankster

What is the name of your state? canada, but the user I am refering to is from the states

If someone made me do work for him and At the beginning I stated that it would cost him apx 100.00
After doing a little work I found out it wasn't what I thought he wanted, it was alot more work. I told him it might be more, he said he understood and didn't expect something for nothing.
I ended up working 5 weeks on his projects and over 100 emails were exchanged. I sent him a invoice of around 1200 he refused to pay and wanted to press charges for fraud, he demanded a refund (it was a website he had won on ebay and wanted modified and things added) I refunded him the full amount he paid on ebay and sold the site to someone else.
He then send me an email saying all the work that he had asked me to do was copyrighted, and the text he had told me to add was copyrighted also. I had already deleted all the work that I had done for him. The only thing I kept was:
the Program I had built and the website section he had made me add, like for example "about us" I Changed all the text to my own wording.

He still says I violated the copyright, and refuses to point me to one specific thing he considers a copyright violation. He says I kept everything and that I only change the way it was said.
REmember he didn't pay me a cent for my 5 weeks work. and he is saying that he is putting a lawsuit on me.

Does he have a case?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">