• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Content from our community posted on another community.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tammila

What is the name of your state? Texas

We have just discovered this forum and are really happy about finding it. I have posted a few questions elsewhere but while I am here I thought I would ask a few more questions that I have been curious for some time.

We run a 17,000+ member online community. Recently, there has been another copy-cat community that has sprung up. We do not consider them a threat per-se, but they have been saying all sorts of negative things about us. In truth, many of the people that were banned from our community for abusing members were the ones that started this new one. I am not all that concerned about their mud slinging and lies, but they are starting to copy and paste our content into their forums. That we do have a problem with.

Do we have any type of fairly easy legal remedies with regards to this? We of course have contacted them and asked them to not use content from our community but they either do not respond or they laugh about it.

What would you all recommend?

Thanks!
Pam

JETX

"Do we have any type of fairly easy legal remedies with regards to this?'
*** Easy? No. For one thing, you would have to prove that YOU own the content of the 'community posts' made by others. And that would not be 'easy'. And this doesn't even approach the issue of public posting.

"What would you all recommend?"
I recommend you have a local attorney write them a cease and desist letter. It might just scare them into not 'copying'.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">