• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Copyright

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

LindaR

My state is Florida. I currently maintain a newsletter for a local club, which I email to members. I usually like to include a pertinent photo or picture which I get off the internet. I'm a little worried about copyright infringement. Am I breaking the law by copying the image, and including it in our newsletter? Sometimes it's hard to determine if an image is copyright protected or not.

The Occultist

All works are copyright the moment they are created. One does not need to register the work in order to enforce their copyright protections. Copyrights do eventually go away, but not for a long, long time. You are legally not allowed to use a work without the copyright owner's permission, preferably written.

Hint: if you don't own the copyright to something, then somebody else probably does.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">