• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

copyright & blueprints for container houses

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pinkfloyd

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts
I am looking for info on copyright laws in regards to blueprints for container house/houses. Do the copyright laws pertaining to blueprints for home/or houses the same for container houses? I do not have any blueprints yet, but I would like to know if I got blueprints and wanted to make changes would I have to go though the designer of the blueprints or not?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

FlyingRon

I have no idea what a container house is, but I suspect highly that the laws are the same as for any other house. Constructing a house based on the plans is a derivative work and hence you need license from the copyright holder to do it.

FlyingRon

Makes no difference really. If there is some creative component to the design, then you can't copy it without license.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">