• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Copyright Infringement & Fraud?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

malikaserenity

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

Hello, my name is Stephanie Miller and I am writing because I have a question when it comes to copyright infringement and fraud. This is what happened. About 2 weeks ago, I posted lenses on Squidoo that contained a lot of my hard work. I have worked for months making blogs on how to make money with what is called get paid to sites. I waited months because I had to receive my proofs of payments in the mail, which were checks. I then edited out my last name, check numbers and all of that for security reasons so then I could post them on my blogs to show people I have actually been paid from these get paid to websites. I posted my blogs on Squidoo, to have them featured almost automatically. Which means, they thought my blogs were good enough to be featured and they know that these blogs were my own personal work because there was no other blogs like that on Squidoo.

I then started promoting my blog by promoting on a social networking site called "PeopleString" PeopleString is a free social site that people can get on, and it actually pays you to do things online and is good for promoting business. I started promoting on PeopleString, I made groups, sent messages, made friends started getting traffic to my blogs. I made groups on PeopleString because I noticed there was no other groups with what I was offering, so I made the groups and sent out invites and people started to join. I get on one day to notice I received a group invite from a man on my buddy list named "Alex Chenko" I noticed his group name was the same as mine, so I take a look at it and noticed he had copied every single word from my blogs, word for word. That is not what I am upset about though, I read his group to see he had made a blog on a website called LGN Prosperity :: Home
He had taken every single bit of my work, word for word and he even posted MY check with MY name on it and is using it as HIS proof of payment? Now, correct me if I am wrong, that is considered fraud? I never gave him permission to do so. I have tried contacting him in a professional manner, just to have him ignore my messages. I have contacted LGN Prosperity :: Home and they have not responded. I have contacted PeopleString and they have not responded. I am un-sure what the laws are when it comes to this sort of thing, but him using MY check on HIS blog has got to be against the law. What about copyright infringement? What kind of protection do I have considering my blogs are featured on Squidoo?

I will give you the proof, this is my blog/lens on Squidoo. I created this about 2 weeks ago, and it was featured almost automatically after I finished it.
How To Make Money With Cash Crate

Now, this is the blog this man Alex Chenko created:
CashCrate - Home

As you can see, the information is identical and not only that MY check is on HIS blog.

I need advice on what steps I need to take in order to sue this man and what the laws are for this sort of thing. The website he is on is not taking the blog down, and using my check on his blog is just not right!

Thank you for your time.

Stephanie Miller

E-mail: [email protected]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">