• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Copyright Issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

g8todave

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Virginia

I have a question concerning the political cartoons, political posters, and clip art on Google Images site.

I regularly post comments on one of the AARP Group Forum site, and I have used some of the above mentioned items, that I have taken off the Google Images site, to illustrate a point which I was trying to make at the time.

I realize that some, possibly all, are copyright material. However, I believe they fall under “fair use” in the means that I have used them. I am not making a profit; the posting of this material is much like it would be if I were to send a regular e-mail.

I would like to continue using these things to illustrate talking points, but I do not wish to violate any copyright laws.

Would someone be so kind as to advise me as to whether or not these items may be used in the manner described without there being a copyright violation?

Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">