• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Copyright laws

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Keshea

What is the name of your state?il

I own a home-based business and I plan to contract a graphic freelancer to design logos & web pages for my clients. Does he have a right to add his name to the logos and websites, if I contracted him?

Do I need to have him sign a contract relinquishing him of his ownership to the projects?

JETX

"I own a home-based business and I plan to contract a graphic freelancer to design logos & web pages for my clients. Does he have a right to add his name to the logos and websites, if I contracted him?"
*** That will depend on what your contract says.

"Do I need to have him sign a contract relinquishing him of his ownership to the projects?"
*** You will likely have far less problems if you negotiate a contract agreement with him/her.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">