• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Copyright on organization's name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

pradeep78

Hi there,

Is that illegal to slightly modify the existing company name to start a new business?

For example, Can I start an organization with company name "CROHN'S & COLITIS FOUNDATION OF INDIA" when there is an existing organization with name "CROHN'S & COLITIS FOUNDATION OF AMERICA".

Thanks for your help!

The Occultist

This site is for US law only. Should anybody choose to take legal action against you, they would need to do so in India using India's laws and court system, leaving US law largely irrelevant to your situation. You will need to consult an Indian lawyer.

pradeep78

I live in Pennsylvania. What are the consequences that may arise if I choose to register this organization in USA.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">