• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Copyright, patent or trademark????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bethandaj

Utah

I have a concept or idea that I would like to protect. Since its not a unique or tangible "invention" I don't know that I need a patent (I hope I don't -- $$$).

The idea is a concept for a specialized television network. I want to pitch my idea to investors, but want to protect myself against them taking my idea and running. How should I go about this?

Thank you!!! :)

C

ChicagoLawyer

If you are talking about a network like ABC or NBC, then you most likely do not need to worry about Patents. Trademark and especially copyright will be your area of focus.

As far as dealing with potential investors is concerned, what you really need is a form Confidentiality agreement/Non-disclosure agreement where the people you pitch to agree not to disclose your business plans to others or use those plans themselves.

Good Luck

This response is intended as general information only and does not constitute as legal advice or form any attorney/client relationship

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">