• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Copyright question about video

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mrgunner

What is the name of your state? Missouri

Question:

Hi,

I'm a media company that produces videos of a bi-yearly event. These videos are distributed online at my website for anyone to download. My question is this: In the event's terms and conditions it states that they can reproduce or display the videos. The agreement is located at http://www.thecpl.com/summer/agreement.html

Please read section 7 of the agreement (I would have pasted the agreement in this forum but according to the agreement it is not allowed without permission).

Does this mean that I do not own my finished video?
Does this mean that they could sell my finished videos without my permission?
If they would sell my videos, do I retain any rights to them or any profits made from them?
Does this mean that I can sell my own videos without their permission?

Any help would be most appreciated. I know this is a complicated question, but I just thought I would get some advice before talking with a copyright lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">