• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

copyright and the rights of other people's work

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

flashkid2002

What is the name of your state? NewYork
Hello everyone and anyone.
I am a web designer currently working on a site that is a collaborative project. designers from all over will be allowed to submit their work to the site. at the end of each year a book will be published with selected pieces. as the operator of this site, i need some form of legal notice on the site stating that all content is property of the site. but what about the rights of the people who are submitting their work. They created it. do they loose their rights once they submit it to the site? that doesnt sound right, does it? and what about when it gets published at the end of the year, its gonna be property of the site right? i need help please. :)

on a similar note, is their a place where i can download a non disclosure form which i can have signed by people im talking to?

if someone feels this could be something interesting, is interested in all forms of art (visual and writing) and possibly lives in new york city, let me know i could have you as a dedicated advisor. thanks

C

CombatTN88

What you need is to credit those people for their works. You might need to add something to the legal notice such as saying that materials are credited to authors as well as your site too.

Hope that helps,
Combat

flashkid2002 said:
What is the name of your state? NewYork
Hello everyone and anyone.
I am a web designer currently working on a site that is a collaborative project. designers from all over will be allowed to submit their work to the site. at the end of each year a book will be published with selected pieces. as the operator of this site, i need some form of legal notice on the site stating that all content is property of the site. but what about the rights of the people who are submitting their work. They created it. do they loose their rights once they submit it to the site? that doesnt sound right, does it? and what about when it gets published at the end of the year, its gonna be property of the site right? i need help please. :)

on a similar note, is their a place where i can download a non disclosure form which i can have signed by people im talking to?

if someone feels this could be something interesting, is interested in all forms of art (visual and writing) and possibly lives in new york city, let me know i could have you as a dedicated advisor. thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">