• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Copyright/Trademark Infringement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

digitalmarie

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas

I want to hire people to dress up like characters from movies (Walle, Madagascar) and take pictures with the kids. Is this considered copyright or trademark infringement if I am selling the photos? What if I don't sell the photos and use it for promotional or advertising purpose?

las365

I want to hire people to dress up like characters from movies (Walle, Madagascar) and take pictures with the kids. Is this considered copyright or trademark infringement if I am selling the photos?
Oh, yeah.

What if I don't sell the photos and use it for promotional or advertising purpose?
Still yes.

And companies like Disney ferociously protect their characters and copyrights and trademarks. And they have lots of money to use to pursue one who engages in the type of activities you describe.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">