• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is it copyright/trademark infringment is your create a design to share, not sell?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bigkat7

I am a graphic designer and create products for digital scrapbooking.
I do sell things in a shop, but these are all my own personal designs. NOTHING that is copyright or trademark protected.

Here's my question:
Since I am a HUGE fan of Disney and have been there so many times, I've created some items to use on my personal scrapbooking pages.
And, I've decided to share these with others on my blog. (Such as, a metal piece in the shape of Mickey ears.)
This only thing I must add is that my blog is for both, items for sale AND these NOT sell any of these Disney oriented things. I just put them there to share.
Is this still considered infringement? Or not?

I would sure like to continue sharing items I've created. Any help would be fantastic!!

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MN

Last edited:

FlyingRon

Everything that you create is copyrighted as soon as it is expressed in some tangible form.

You may not use Disney's trademarks on your blog without infringing. You can not copy their materials even for personal use without infringing.

bigkat7

Just saying this because I don't know what all of the copyrights disney has....
but I am not using any type of characters, or licensed product like that.
For example: I've made 3 circles, in the shape of the mouse head or took 3 buttons and moved them together to be the 3 circles.
Sharing this could still be consideredinfringment??

What about this site? http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=105
I was thinking of using my expertise in software to join in on the fun of helping people create items for their upcoming vacas... in your opinion would this be infringing?

mariya786

My View about this:

Hi,

No material from any web site owned, operated, licensed or controlled by Disney may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way, except that you may download one copy of the materials on any single computer for your personal, non-commercial home use only.

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">