• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Copyright, trademark, patent infringement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Just Blue

Just to clarify, LucasChalmers' post to THIS thread was fine, because the post was made to a newer thread.

I assume Blue Meanie is referring to comments added by Lucas to other, older, archived threads. That is a no-no on this forum for a whole host of reasons (e.g., laws can change in significant ways over time so what was applicable once is no longer applicable, the original posters have often long since disappeared so the comments are of no benefit to them, questions asked have generally already been answered, the issues addressed have already been dealt with ...). In addition, any additions to older threads are often reported and deleted, so it is a waste of everyone's time to revive old threads. :)
You assume correctly.:cool:

quincy

You assume correctly.:cool:
I figured as much. ;)

And, to add to your earlier post and to perhaps revise a bit what I said earlier, there are a few "newer" posters who probably should not even "stay with current threads" when posting unless they know what they are talking about. Guessing at what the law might be can lead to original-poster-confusion. Corrections to these guesses (by those who know the law or who spend their time to research the law) can get tedious if the incorrect guesses become too frequent.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">