• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Copyright in violation, Fair Use, or neither?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mrselmcbride

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

I'm an independent contractor for an online company. The company addresses the following Q&A

Q: Can I employ others to work for me when I become an independent agent "with this company"?
A: Yes, you can employ others to work for your business. Any individual that works for you must be at least 18 years of age and complete the certifications. (This is not the problem)

My dilemma occurs as I will need to use a few pages from the companies website in order to operate my business. Its vital that I do so. However, I want to use a button on my buisness website that will direct my employees to the link for that particular page on the companies web site.

DILEMMA:
At the bottom of the companies intial webpage it states:

This page contains confidential information. All materials on this page are the copyrighted property of "this company" No material from this page or any "of this companies page" may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way, except where permitted under a written agreement with "this company".

Each employee will be authorized to visit the web pages of the company.

Therefore if I was to link any page to my website will I be in violation, or in fair use?

PLEASE ADVICE!!!!

Thanks in advance.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

racer72

The answer is in restrictions.

This page contains confidential information. All materials on this page are the copyrighted property of "this company" No material from this page or any "of this companies page" may be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted, or distributed in any way, except where permitted under a written agreement with "this company".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">