• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Copyrights and a companies trademarks

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

E

egradber

What is the name of your state? Illinois

I have developed a game based on a major toyline for a U.S. Toy company. I'd like to market the game to that company and also have others play the game to test its viability.

Since the company owns all the trademarks to their toy line, and I don't forsee myself being able to purchase a license from them, what can I do to protect my game idea from having either the company or someone who tests the game from stealing the idea and presenting it as thier own.

C

ChicagoLawyer

Document the experiment and use a non-disclosure agreement of some sort.

Copyright and trademark are most likely unavailable, as you not. You will have to use other means of protection.

This is not intended to be legal advice. Rather it is general advice only. Please contact an attorney. We have no attorney client relationship.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">