• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

copyrights on pictures

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

C

csil

What is the name of your state? Texas

I had a photographer take some pictures of my son. They turned so nice that I would like to send them to a magazine or to pictures "competitions" and even to the store I bought the clothes he was wearing.

However, on the emails I received from this photographer I saw that the proofs of the pictures have a line on them saying Copyright 2003 and the name of his company.

Does this mean that I do not own the pictures and can not distribute them to magazines and let them be used for advertisement etc?

We have not yet finished the deal with the photographer. Is there a way out off this copyrigt issue?
Actually I want also to make sure that he can not use our pictures without my written consent.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">