• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Craft items copyright

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dryrock

What is the name of your state? Nebraska

A well known direct sales scrapbook company is no longer allowing its consultants to share page ideas via electronic means (webpage or email), though they can share by paper. They will terminate any consultants who violate this new rule.

I am not a consultant of this company so the threat of being terminated means nothing to me, but I was told that I, as a customer, can no longer display my scrapbook pages on my personal webpage if they contain product of this company (basically paper or stickers).

I do not sell the images of my scrapbook pages. I don't see how sharing the images of my pages online with my family and friends is any different than showing them the pages in person, but I was warned that displaying them online is a copyright infringement and I could face legal action from the company that sells the products I have used on my pages.

I don't want to mess with a big company with deep pockets, so wanted to know what my legal rights were when it comes to displaying my personal property on the web?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">