• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Creating a new product

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

rudarb

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Ohio

Hello all,

I am a college student in Ohio and have a question when it comes to creating a new product and the legalaties involved. Myself and a few of my friends have came up with an idea for a piece of merchandise for a global company (no offense, but I dont want to disclose what the product, or company is) and we would like to market it to them. I dont know what kind of legal trouble we may run into when it comes to creating this prodcut and using the companys trademark, logo etc...

What legalities are involved in this? How can we protect the idea? Is there a way that we can claim the idea as intellectual property and still use a company's trademark? Also does anyone have any advice as how to pitch our plan to this corporation sucessfully? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Brian

antrc170

You can protect the idea by filing a trademark patent through the US patent office. It can be patented as intellectual property. You can't use another company's logo without their permission.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">