• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Development of a mobile application

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gianni21

Hello everybody, first of all since I'm new to this forum I want to introduce myself.
My name is John, I'm a foreign national and I'd like to receive few hints about the US legislation.

As far as you understood from the topic's title I'm a mobile developer. Recently, I developed an app that's basically a newscast player.
Through that app, you're able to select the desidered newscast and listen it! It doesn't store anything locally, it's a simple realtime player.

The newscasts played thru that app are property of a big and important news agency in US, which make them available across their own player.
The links are not public, you can listen their newscasts only relying on their web platform.

However, in the disclaimer I stated that the newscast are not under my property, but theirs.
Now my concern is about copyright... how can I avoid law infringements? Might I face any legal issue?

Thanks

quincy

. . . .
My name is John, I'm a foreign national and I'd like to receive few hints about the US legislation. . . .

. . . . The links are not public, you can listen their newscasts only relying on their web platform.

However, in the disclaimer I stated that the newscast are not under my property, but theirs.
Now my concern is about copyright... how can I avoid law infringements? Might I face any legal issue?. . . . .
Based on what you have posted here, yes, you can face legal issues. I suggest you consult with an attorney in whatever country in the world you reside.

gianni21

Quincy thanks for your reply!
The point is that.... It should be considered more or less like a web browser playing your contents.

What I mean, what's the difference between my application and a web browser like MS Explorer, Firefox or Chrome?

The only quibble I can see is that application allows an exclusive access to that newscast and not to other websites or datastreams.

Thanks

quincy

Quincy thanks for your reply!
The point is that.... It should be considered more or less like a web browser playing your contents.

What I mean, what's the difference between my application and a web browser like MS Explorer, Firefox or Chrome?

The only quibble I can see is that application allows an exclusive access to that newscast and not to other websites or datastreams.

Thanks
And what country are you posting from again, gianni21? The laws of your country apply as that is where you will be sued for copyright infringement.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">