• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

To Differently Re-use An Old Story

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

James930303

I am a College Student and I am looking forward to Directing.

I am asking myself if it is illegal to take ideas from a computer game and make a movie out of these ideas in the future.

When I mean Ideas, I mean names of cities, or names of people - small details like these....

QUESTION: Could I be sued If I use - differently - ideas of a unpopular computer game and make a movie or story out of these ideas in the far future?

J

James930303

BONUS QUESTION: RE-USE NAMES, BY MISTAKE

BONUS QUESTION: I have made a film which, by mistake, uses the same name has a character in an old unpopular movie. Can I be sued?

**Heres another one:
You want to use really old music for your film. The Author of this old music has died. Who chooses if the music is going on the movie, or not?

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">