• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Disclaimer of online Portfolio works

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

reanimation

When publishing work online, as part of a portfolio/self advertising, of artwork/design/concepts, which were created whilst employed at a previous company/firm, is there an official way to construct a disclaimer/copyright so viewers(or anyone) is aware of ownership and who distributed it etc?

I'm assuming I still need some form of copyright cover to display it even though I'm the author?
Can the disclaimer cover examples of work that were created in a collaborative environment... Say a team?

To give you some scope, I'm in the process of making an online portfolio and under each image, I figured I'd need some form of protection for the image, me as an author/creator, the company I worked for and the owner/client of the works...

Anyway, this is what I've written so far:

Disclaimer:
Piece shown as part of my online portfolio of past works.
I am the original author but the image was created/distributed whilst employed at a previously company.
The image's ownership is that of whom contracted said company to create the drawing.

Thanks in advance for your help.

quincy

When publishing work online, as part of a portfolio/self advertising, of artwork/design/concepts, which were created whilst employed at a previous company/firm, is there an official way to construct a disclaimer/copyright so viewers(or anyone) is aware of ownership and who distributed it etc?

I'm assuming I still need some form of copyright cover to display it even though I'm the author?
Can the disclaimer cover examples of work that were created in a collaborative environment... Say a team?

To give you some scope, I'm in the process of making an online portfolio and under each image, I figured I'd need some form of protection for the image, me as an author/creator, the company I worked for and the owner/client of the works...

Anyway, this is what I've written so far:

Disclaimer:
Piece shown as part of my online portfolio of past works.
I am the original author but the image was created/distributed whilst employed at a previously company.
The image's ownership is that of whom contracted said company to create the drawing.

Thanks in advance for your help.
What is the name of your state, reanimation?

quincy

Oops, I'm actually in England, UK.
Oops. This site handles U.S. law questions only, reanimation.

Although copyright laws are similar in many ways between our countries, there are also enough differences that you would need to seek out help with your questions and concerns in the U.K.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">