• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DMCA take down notice and repeat offenders

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jguelde2

I submitted a DMCA take down notice to a web hoster and the offending website was disabled. I recieved a message today that the site will be reinstated within 10 business days since they submitted a counte notification. My question is what steps to I now have if the site goes back up and my content is still there. Can I submit subsequent DMCA notices or is my only other option to make a legal matter?

divgradcurl

I submitted a DMCA take down notice to a web hoster and the offending website was disabled. I recieved a message today that the site will be reinstated within 10 business days since they submitted a counte notification. My question is what steps to I now have if the site goes back up and my content is still there. Can I submit subsequent DMCA notices or is my only other option to make a legal matter?
You can submit further DMCA notices, but the ISP can ignore them. They have already taken all of the steps they are required to in order to keep them from being liable for copyright infringement. At this point, you either need to somehow convince the offender to stop using the materials, sue them, or forget about it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">