• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I have to start business?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Siilia

Hello!
I play a guitar and like to do covers. I have done many tabs by my ear to many songs. Can I sell these tabs to people? Is it legal? Do I need to start a business if my intention is to sell tabs that I and my friends have done to famous songs? The selling will be online. Do I need to start a business? Or can I just do a web site and start selling and making money without registering a business and pay taxes?
Thanks for help!

FlyingRon

if they're not your songs you MAY NOT post or sell tabs to them without the permission of the owner of the song. It doesn't matter if it's a business or not. Tab sites are regularly shutdown for violating copyrights. This is way before you get to the issue of paying taxes (which you must do on any income).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">