• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do I need to Trademark my Blog Name?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bkandre

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Minnesota

I'm a wedding blogger and I named my blog Smart Bride Blog. I've discovered that Smart Bride is trademarked. Could I still Trademark Smart Bride Blog and avoid legal repercussions?

FlyingRon

You can assert trademark rights for Smart Bride Blog. It would seem that there are a lot of people using Smart Bride as a trademark so that appears pretty weak. Registration would probably be denied.

bkandre

Few more

Thanks for the quick response. So you're saying I"d have no problem for instance if I placed online ads that said "become a fan of Smart Bride Blog" and found other ways to make advertising revenue for the Smart Bride Blog?

seniorjudge

So you're saying I"d have no problem for instance if I placed online ads that said "become a fan of Smart Bride Blog" and found other ways to make advertising revenue for the Smart Bride Blog?

FR said nothing even remotely resembling that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">