• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Do my instrumental beats need to be completley mixed/mastered before I copyright them

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lakwaun

Minnesota
Just wondering does my instrumental beats need to be completley mixed/mastered before I copyright them?
What I usually do is make the beat/melody and give it a quick mix since I usually always go back later to master, then with all the instruments playing export in wav/mp3 about 1 minutes or so with a short intro on some maybe to file for copyrighting.
This is just the quickest way I do things to copyright a lot of beats at once.

Does anybody know is that good enough or would or could that be acceptable in case of a copyrights issue?

Or do my beats need to be fully mixed and mastered before copy writing them?

I don't think they will need to be fully mixed and mastered. The music itself is copyrightable. The particular mix you settle on shouldn't have any impact.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">