• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Domain Name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

getknowledge

Hello,

I am starting a video sharing site and would like to register a domain name, that includes that of a well known company. Would this be a problem?? A prompt response would be greatly appreciated. Thank You in advance! What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? :confused:

justalayman

there could be a problem. If there is confusion, there could be trademark infringement claims.

have you even checked to see if the name is available?

getknowledge

Of Course I have checked the availability of the name and it ...is!. So I was curious and I am just taking the necessary steps to do diligence. Thanx for the response!

FlyingRon

Depending on how you construct the domain name you have somewhere between even odds to a dead cert of LOSING the domain without compensation in an UDRP dispute.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">