• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Domain name trademark infringement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RMaltby

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida (me) Illinois (trademark owner)

Here's the problem:

I read about a new medication, DrugX, being released and purchased a domain name DrugXCoupon.com - I fully intend on using the website as a promotional tool to provide coupons and a discount card to consumers who will be prescribed this medication. Today, 04-02-14, I received a trademark infringement because the manufacturer has a trademark for DrugX - On every page of the website I have "DrugX is a trademark of Drug Maker. All other marks are owned by their respective owners." as well as "Drug Maker, the "D M" brand mark, the Drug Maker logo and other brands are trademarks of a Drug Maker company.
© 2014 Drug Maker."

I can't seem to find any past legal cases like this to reference with to determine if I should just take down the site to stand up and fight?

Thanks for any help you may have!

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida (me) Illinois (trademark owner)

Here's the problem:

I read about a new medication, DrugX, being released and purchased a domain name DrugXCoupon.com - I fully intend on using the website as a promotional tool to provide coupons and a discount card to consumers who will be prescribed this medication. Today, 04-02-14, I received a trademark infringement because the manufacturer has a trademark for DrugX - On every page of the website I have "DrugX is a trademark of Drug Maker. All other marks are owned by their respective owners." as well as "Drug Maker, the "D M" brand mark, the Drug Maker logo and other brands are trademarks of a Drug Maker company.
© 2014 Drug Maker."

I can't seem to find any past legal cases like this to reference with to determine if I should just take down the site to stand up and fight?

Thanks for any help you may have!
How much money are you willing to invest in a trademark infringement fight? ;)

I do not see, from what you have posted, that you have much to legally support your use of the trademarked DrugX.

For relevant legal cases, you can check out the following Harvard Law site: http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/property00/domain/CaseLaw.html

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">