• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Domain ownership/trademark ownership

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

webmind

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

I own the trademark [xyz]. I recently, due to an email mixup, lost the legal ownership to my website [xyz.com]. Is there a specific statute that protects my ownership of this particular domain, and can I force the buyer to sell it back to me? ThanksWhat is the name of your state?

The Occultist

You'll need to be a little more specific about this "mixup", but I think the gist of what you're saying is you were not coerced into selling this domain and now you want it back. I highly doubt there are any statutes to protect your interests in this type of situation, and if there actually is a legal way of forcing this person to sell the domain back, the amount of money it would cost you to get this suit filed will probably be more costly then what you're trying to put into it.

davezan

Indeed. Without further info, it's hard to say whether you even have the slightest chance of
possibly getting the domain name back.

Sounds like someone transferred the domain name registration elsewhere without your own
consent. Is that what happened?

More info needed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">