• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Ebay Vero

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ariak

What is the name of your state? AL, USA

Here is the message I was sent from ebay:

"We would like to let you know that we removed your listing:

xxxxxxxxx

because the intellectual property rights owner notified us, under penalty of
perjury, that your listing or the item itself infringes their copyright,
trademark, or other rights.

We have credited any associated fees to your account. We have also notified the bidders that the listing(s) was removed, and that they are not obligated to complete the transaction.

If you relist this or any other similar items on eBay, your account likely will
be suspended.

If you believe your listing was ended in error, or have questions regarding the
removal of this listing, please contact the intellectual property rights owner
directly at:

ESA - Entertainment Software Association
[email protected]"

I have e-mailed the esa and have not received a reply. Do I have any legal standing? I made an apointment with my attorney for next week. Please advise as what to do - thank you.

ENASNI

Ummm

I am not a dentist, nor do I play one on TV..
Need more info. I don't like pulling teeth.
Who are you trying to rip off here?

ariak

?

I bought games that were deadstock off Amazon and simply sold them on ebay for a profit. I got a VERO notice saying I cannot sell it?

No, I am not scamming anybody, that is a moot point, and wasn't even related directly or indirectly to the question I asked. I have 2 negatives and 1250+ unique feedback, so I am not ripping off anybody.

divgradcurl

Do I have any legal standing?
Not really. eBay is a private company -- they don't have to let you list your products. You have no right to demand that they list your products. You should talk to your lawyer just to make sure, but I have not heard of any succesful legal challenges to eBays VERO program.

Please advise as what to do - thank you
Try and sell the games elsewhere?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">