• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

eBay VeRO harassment by another seller

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

Kevin Peterson

What is the name of your state? Kansas

I am an eBay Powerseller who has had auctions terminated through the VeRO program.

I have filed a DMCA counter-notice and am nearing the end of the waiting period without having a suit filed against me.

Another seller has contacted me saying that the seller complaining against me has filed notices and ended his auctions also, and continues to do so even after counter-notices have been filed and expired.

BTW, the auctions are for public domain Old Time Radio shows and the seller filing the complaints even states they are public domain in his own ads.

What recourse do I have to stop this seller from harassing my business and others with DMCA notices? He appears to be using the law to shut down/bully his competition out of the marketplace and has no intent of ever legally protecting his alleged copyrights.

Thanks for your time and your advice.

Kevin S. Peterson

P

porschepear

I am sorry this reply isn't to offer any help with your situation, but would love to know the sellers name, out of curiosity.

divgradcurl

"What recourse do I have to stop this seller from harassing my business and others with DMCA notices? "

What did eBay say when you asked them?

Are you and the harassing seller in the same state?

K

Kevin Peterson

Porschepear,

Look for the OTR seller with the Shooting Star.

Divgradcurl,

eBay has informed me that there's nothing they can do about it. They don't review the items, they just end them per the DMCA.

The other seller is in NY and I am in KS.

I'm currently having to post my items, then wait for him to end them, then file counter notices. I guess in two weeks, I will have enough counter-notices expiring to keep auctions online.

Kevin

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">