• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Enforceable Internet Contract with a child

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

Trog97

Our son downloaded the Kazaa Web site (Much like the Napster site) and downloads music and video files. The Kazaa web site contract terms may have said the he is responsible for Fees and Taxes.

This clause was part of the standard terms that he said yes to, when he hit the “I Agree” button. My question is, can a 15-year-old child enter into this contract? If so do you know of any fees or taxes that are being assessed?

R

RamKing

Did the site ask him whether he was 18 years of age or greater?

T

Trog97

He said he did not read all the verbiage of the contract (the fee and taxes statement caught his eye). - I'll check the web site and see if I can get back into the contract terms and then see if it said anything about being a certain age.

Thank-x

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">