• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Federal Case for burning CD's

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

F

futurejailbird

What is the name of your state? LA, but case will be in Alexandria, VA.

It's been 2 years since the FBI came to my home in Louisiana with a seacrh warrant and took my CPU. I recently received a letter from the US Dept. of Just from VA letting me know of a possible indictment for this crime. When my lawyer contacted the asstistant US Attorney he said that they wanted me to do 2 years, but my lawyer said he thinks that he might be able to get probation for me. What I would like to know is, in the state of VA, what is the possibility of doing jail time for the crime of: CRIMINAL INFRINGEMENT OF COPYRIGHTED SOFTWARE INVOLVING AN ONLINE NEWSGROUP? And I have been told that it would be better that I get a VA attorney? Does anyone have any ideas at all regarding this situation?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">