• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is a fictitious conversation using real people Libel?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

O

OnlineArtist

Hello,

I am a well known content developer for software packages. I live in MASS.

On a community site with an art gallery someone posted an image and text outlining a fictitious and unflattering phone conversation between me and a fictional salesman.

They used my name and the image has been viewed by hundred of people who know who I am and know of my products. The salesman in the post referes to my products as disfunctional and as "crap". And the text suggests that I understand his arguements. Is this Libel?

The owners of the site will not porpovide me with the authors identity and the author will not remove my name from the post. The company that owns the community board and gallery is in TENN.

Can I stop this?

O

OnlineArtist

The author claims that this is a satire because I am famous and that he loves my work. But it does not say this in the image or accompanying text.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">