• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

finding the correct servicemark class and identification code(s)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MDSTX

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
US Virgin Islands

I am preparing to file for US Trademark registration, and eventually international registration. There is a lot of information to consider and I am having difficulty identifying the correct identification codes(s) and class for the service(s) for which I'd like to register the mark.

The business I am opening will be providing guided adventure tours in restored classic/vintage vehicles. So the primary service would be "tours". I can not find "tours" or "tour" in the USPTO U.S. Acceptable Identification of Goods and Services Manual and can not determine if the international class would be 39 (Transport) or 41 (Entertainment). Other related services I'd like to include in the service mark would be "Sustainable tours or tourism", "adventure tours/tourism", "eco-tourism", and possibly "Classic/vintage auto restoration". Having a hard time finding the proper identification codes.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks!

Michael

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
US Virgin Islands

I am preparing to file for US Trademark registration, and eventually international registration. There is a lot of information to consider and I am having difficulty identifying the correct identification codes(s) and class for the service(s) for which I'd like to register the mark.

The business I am opening will be providing guided adventure tours in restored classic/vintage vehicles. So the primary service would be "tours". I can not find "tours" or "tour" in the USPTO U.S. Acceptable Identification of Goods and Services Manual and can not determine if the international class would be 39 (Transport) or 41 (Entertainment). Other related services I'd like to include in the service mark would be "Sustainable tours or tourism", "adventure tours/tourism", "eco-tourism", and possibly "Classic/vintage auto restoration". Having a hard time finding the proper identification codes.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks!

Michael
Choosing the correct classification is one of the areas that gives applicants the most trouble and can result in an applicant getting a notification from the trademark examiner and/or a rejection of the application.

An IP attorney can be of assistance in helping you choose the correct class and identification code. If your service could be registered in more than one class, by the way, you have the ability to register your mark in more than one class (however, there is an extra fee for each additional class).

But, helping you choose the correct classification for your application goes beyond the scope of this forum as that gets into the practice of law.

Although you mention the Acceptable Description of Goods and Services Manual, here for the benefit of others is a link to the manual:
http://tmep.uspto.gov/RDMS/detail/manual/TMEP//Oct2012/TMEP-1400d1e8.xml#/manual/TMEP/Oct2012/TMEP-1400d1e2017.xml

Good luck, Michael.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">