• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

General Infringement Question/s

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Rzagaja

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? Connecticut

In a summer independent study, I read a non-fiction bestseller. In time, I came to recognize (through research) that there is a good possibility the work was plagiarized. The author was sued by the plaintiff, and the plaintiff lost. However, I have found a tremendous amount of information that supports the likelihood that the work was not only plagiarized but also categorized as a non-fiction when it is not.

My conclusion, then, is this. I am guessing that it is, for the most part, rather difficult to win a plagiarism suit. I am unaware if the accusing, original author had copyright to her manuscript. A telling issue here is that this author and the alleged plagiarist shared the same agent. Said agent rejected first person's submission.

In my final paper for this English course, I am writing a paper that weighs all of my evidence that the book (actually, it is a trilogy) was plagiarized. I need some sort of documentation that supports my conclusion that plagiarism suits are rarely won.

Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">