• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

getting permission to use pictures on a web site

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Melly012

i live in michigan. i am trying to start up a site at which visitors pay a small fee to view pictures (no nudity...not that kind of site) just tasteful pictures. my hope is that i can write to businesses that would have pictures of work they have done (for example; tattos, plastic surgery-that kind of person related work) and ask for their permission to use pictures (that i would either get from their site or have them e mail to me)and in exchange would post their business name and/or site with each pic. how can i go about getting that permission legally and if there are people in the pictures how do i know that the company sending me the pic has the right use that specific picture with this person in it? i would really appreciate any advice about this matter. thanks:)

C

ChicagoLawyer

how can i go about getting that permission legally and if there are people in the pictures how do i know that the company sending me the pic has the right use that specific picture with this person in it?

The more you have in writing the better off you are. You have a sound start, asking the ownwers of the photos and having them email or write back with their permission. Develop a form for that, so all answers are the same. As far as the rest of it is concerned, you have the owner of the photos warrant that they have the right to distribute the photo(s)and that they have the permission of any persons in those photos to do that. It is a standard Model release.

This response is intended as general information only and does not constitute as legal advice or form any attorney/client relationship

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">