• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

GREAT new business idea where to start?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lindasandiego

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? I am in California and I have an idea to start a new type of business here in San Diego. I need some legal advice for this new type of business I want to start but I am worried if I talk to anyone about this idea that they will steal the idea from me. So question is, can I protect myself and my business idea from such a thing? Or am I fishing for something that isn't really there. Please someone help me...What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

FlyingRon

If you have a business process that is novel and non-obvious, you might be able to secure a patent for it. You'll need to seek the help of an attorney specializing in intellectual property. However, outside of that and keeping things secret, there's nothing you can do to keep people from going into competition with you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">