• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Handbags from Brand Name Candy Manufacturers?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

buzibee

What is the name of your state? Virginia

I want to know if it's legal for someone to take and make products (like hand bags) using the wrappers or boxes the product was packaged in and then sell item? :rolleyes:

For example;

I can someone take and buy a box of candy like m & __'s and then take the wrappers and make handbags out of the wrappers. Basically insert the wrappers behind sturdy see-through plastic/vinyl casing and then sew it to cloth to make a handbag?

I've seen these advertised on ebay and some are cute but not sure? There is a disclaimer they are not associated with ... and the items are made using recycled wrappers?

signed
busybee

Last edited:

HomeGuru

buzibee said:

I want to know if it's legal for someone to take and make products (like hand bags) using the wrappers or boxes the product was packaged in and then sell item? :rolleyes:

For example;

I can someone take and buy a box of candy like m & __'s and then take the wrappers and make handbags out of the wrappers. Basically insert the wrappers behind sturdy see-through plastic/vinyl casing and then sew it to cloth to make a handbag?

I've seen these advertised on ebay and some are cute but not sure? There is a disclaimer they are not associated with ... and the items are made using recycled wrappers?

signed
busybee

**A: of course they can. But I would leave the candy inside the wrappers.
That way the user has a snack handbag.

Last edited:
S

shell007

buzibee said:

For example;

signed
busybee
I have no idea if it is legal or not. If it's illegal...I'm in trouble because my children have often turned my Jeans into this same type of thing. I have more than once walked out into public with a 1/2 eaten sucker (with the wrapper) hanging off of it stuck to my butt. :D

Anyway...I've seen these items in several Boutiques. They will be gone and "out of fashion" quicker than you can eat a "Hershey's Kiss". :)

justalayman

shellandty said:
I have no idea if it is legal or not. If it's illegal...I'm in trouble because my children have often turned my Jeans into this same type of thing. I have more than once walked out into public with a 1/2 eaten sucker (with the wrapper) hanging off of it stuck to my butt. :D
QUOTE]

Is that where the line "you bet your sweet a**" comes from? :D

buzibee

You guys are too funny. :D

I love your humor in your replies. ;)

Anyway, I'm not interested in doing them I just remember a case where someone was sued for turning some type of fabric into a pillow or something.

Anyway, thanks for your replies.

signed,
buzibee

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">