• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help Copyrighting Music

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dmusic

Pennsylvania......Here's the problem: I recently recorded a 3 song EP of original material. So I have the CD, and I need to get all of the songs copyrighted so I can send it out to record companies, publishers etc. I tried to do it myself but, the form was confusing. The main problem is that, I would like to send them all in on one disc so I only have to pay $30 as opposed to doing all three individually and paying $90. But I dont understand how to be able to have the songs copyrighted if I do them all together at once....i dont know, i'm just flat out confused. IF anyone can help or refer me to anyone that can help that would be great...preferably free help.

JETX

You can't do them as a 'unit' and they must be done separately. The reason is... each is a separate 'work'.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">